You’ve had your garage door opener for many years and you’ve been hearing about the latest opener technologies, including Wi-Fi access and MyQ. But are these features really necessary and convenient when your machine has been operating reliably all this time without advanced tools? With Wi-Fi accessibility and MyQ technology, your garage door opener will not only open and close as needed, but you can also improve security measures at your home and remotely control your door from anywhere with just your smartphone.
Benefits of MyQ and Wi-Fi Garage Door Openers
Smart garage door openers are the most advanced and simple-to-use operating systems that allow you off-site monitoring and control by using only your smartphone, tablet or computer. All you have to do is download the free MyQ app. In addition to its easy-to-use interface, installing a new MyQ-enabled garage door opener allows you:
- Monitoring Anywhere: With your smartphone, you can easily control your garage door from anywhere. You can check to see if it was accidentally left open when you left for work, open the door for the dog walker and get real-time alerts when loved ones come and go.
- Added Security: By using the MyQ app, you can safely monitor up to two garage doors and 16 MyQ-enabled accessories. These smart MyQ garage door openers can also be integrated with your home’s security system, including Nest, Wink, SmartThings, XFINITY Home and Apple HomeKit. With MyQ openers, you can even customize and schedule times you want your garage door to open and close or turn the lights in your home on or off.
- Safety Features: Garage doors can never be too safe, and these smart garage door openers will flash the lights and have a beep alert throughout its cycle when operated using MyQ technology, in addition to the door’s standard safety features.
- Operational Flexibility: When you go out of town on vacation, would you like a more secure way to let the house sitter or other visitors inside? With MyQ, you can operate the door from anywhere to allow guests or schedule times you’d like the door to operate. By using your MyQ app, you can also control your home’s lights remotely, access your home’s security cameras and adjust the temperature.
- Simple Setup: To set up, your garage door opener is installed wirelessly and you download the free Android or iOS app to begin monitoring from anywhere. After the initial installation, there’s no service fee or subscription charges.
Can I Use My iPhone as a Garage Door Opener?
While this latest technology is designed to help monitor and even open your garage door from anywhere, using your iPhone or other smartphone device is not an ideal method for opening and closing your garage door on a daily basis as a remote replacement. It’s much better to use your garage door opener that comes with your garage doors or vehicle – the process is faster and the beep alert that is added for safety can get pretty annoying if you are using it while at home when you can see that the garage door is already cleared.
Learn More About Available Wi-Fi Features For Garage Doors
- Easily Add Wi-Fi to an Existing Garage Door Opener
- The Difference Between MyQ, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Garage Door Openers
Understand MyQ Garage Door Benefits Today With A-All Style Garage Door
Why are you still using your old garage door opener when such easy monitoring, security upgrades and peace of mind are readily available? With A-All Style Garage Door, our team can help you select and install a new MyQ and Wi-Fi enabled garage door courtesy of LiftMaster, designed to make your daily life more secure and convenient.
At A-All Style Garage Door, we have over 35 years of garage door experience throughout Bolingbrook, Naperville, Lockport, IL, and the surrounding southwestern Chicago suburbs. We pride ourselves on superior workmanship, friendly and local expertise and top-quality products and services. We even offer a one-year parts and labor warranty for all new garage door opener installations. Schedule services today by completing our contact form or calling 630-739-7170.